Is my chick stuck?

JCB620

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2019
Hi, brand new here but have been reading along and learning for the past few months.
I’m on day 21 with my silkie bantams and one of mine has pipped at the wrong end and looks to be stuck. It’s been this way with no improvement for at least 8 hours, maybe more. Chick is peeping away and trying to get out but nothing it does makes the hole in the membrane any larger.
The membrane has started to turn brown (it looks browner in real life than in pic).
Can I/ shall I do anything?
2 others have pipped but stopped at this stage for now (8+ hours).

Attachments

• E1B51336-4226-43F1-B5D5-8DC0B43DE483.jpeg
    E1B51336-4226-43F1-B5D5-8DC0B43DE483.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 13
I'm wishing you luck with your chick! Saw your post shortly after I posted my 1st post and the similarity of our posts, user names, problem and pictures are uncanny! Hope your little cheeper makes it!

Thanks guys and I did the same, BCJ! Wrote mine then saw yours. Read it out to the kids and hubby as it was uncanny! Going to try to help a tiny bit. Have set the shower on as it warms the room up loads if the bathroom door is closed. I’ve read through that excellent “intervening” post too. Good luck with yours too BCJ :)

Helped the little guy (or girl) out and two more followed in quick succession! They’re chirping loudly and trying to find their feet :) fingers crossed for the other 7 now!

Attachments

• 089D6FC9-244A-4FEE-ADB4-7792DA857D35.jpeg
    089D6FC9-244A-4FEE-ADB4-7792DA857D35.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 7
Helped the little guy (or girl) out and two more followed in quick succession! They’re chirping loudly and trying to find their feet :) fingers crossed for the other 7 now!
Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together! It's not always a good idea to intervene, but sometimes, you just have to go with your instincts. I'm so glad it paid off for you and your little peepers.
Isn't it funny how having one baby out and about motivates the others to get-a-goin' ... just like every other youngster in the world? I could almost swear that as soon as one little one is vocal, the rest are afraid they're missing something. In this case, they'll never know how right they were!
Enjoy your babies ... and keep us posted ... we LOVE pictures!

Yay! Very, very lucky to have had 100% hatch rate on my 6 posted eggs. I was hoping for 2/6 minimum so I’m over the moon. I never in a million years would have achieved this without BYC and it’s incredibly knowledgable members and info. So thrilled ❤️

Attachments

• 1D7DA4BB-3617-406C-BEB1-36D54E4FDF9A.jpeg
    1D7DA4BB-3617-406C-BEB1-36D54E4FDF9A.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom