Is my chicken in shock?please help!!

Nyuckmail

Hatching
Jan 18, 2019
so we had a visit from a predator that killed three of my chickens and one duck, at that time I had four chickens and only one remained in the coop. The next day our neighbor came to us and said one of our roosters was in her yard but she said that it was really sick. I went over there and got my rooster ( dartanian) when I put him in a cage with shavings with food and water he would do anything he was very lethargic. So i thought I would get him out and hold him wrapped in a blanket. I also got some Gatorade packets and put it in some water for him, once I some on his beak he started to drink some. After a few hours he didn’t look like he was getting any better. I’m worried he won’t make it, he still clucks and crowing.i need help please!!

so we had a visit from a predator that killed three of my chickens and one duck, at that time I had four chickens and only one remained in the coop. The next day our neighbor came to us and said one of our roosters was in her yard but she said that it was really sick. I went over there and got my rooster ( dartanian) when I put him in a cage with shavings with food and water he would do anything he was very lethargic. So i thought I would get him out and hold him wrapped in a blanket. I also got some Gatorade packets and put it in some water for him, once I some on his beak he started to drink some. After a few hours he didn’t look like he was getting any better. I’m worried he won’t make it, he still clucks and crowing.i need help please!!
He doesn’t seem to be doing any better but he’s crowing?

There is another rooster outside that survived the attack but seems fine. I try to feed him eggs but he doesn’t seems to like them

Can you try beating up a raw egg and mixing it with some sardines? That seemed to help mine. Hope your roo gets better soon. I think the crowing is a good sign. Is he alone? Can you put him in with one or two hens?

Thinking he needs time to recover from the attack/shock. Keep him quiet with food & water, maybe put him where he can see the remaining flock ... Or in a wire cage with food & water in the coop. Have you checked him over for any injury?

Thinking he needs time to recover from the attack/shock. Keep him quiet with food & water, maybe put him where he can see the remaining flock ... Or in a wire cage with food & water in the coop. Have you checked him over for any injury?
Yes, I have I don’t see anything and he doesn’t seem to be in any pain

Can you try beating up a raw egg and mixing it with some sardines? That seemed to help mine. Hope your roo gets better soon. I think the crowing is a good sign. Is he alone? Can you put him in with one or two hens?
I will definitely try that, anything to get him better

When my chicken was failing to grow i was advised to give egg and fish. No one said to cook the egg so I just beat up 2 eggs and the only fish I had in the house was a can of boneless/skinless/no sodium sardines. It seemed to work plus my dogs got a bowlful, too. No one died.

Back
Top Bottom