Is my chicken injured or sick???????????????

TweetyNPetey

Songster
7 Years
I have a California White hen, the only one of the flock, I love her a lot. I went out a while ago and saw she is losing lots of feathers and it sounds like she hurt her wing. Whenever i pick her up, i put my hand over her wings to keep her from flapping, and she squaks like crazy until i take my hand off. She is losing feathers on her neck, back, and wings, well, basically everywhere. I thought she might be molting, but none of the others are losing feathers. Can you help???

No, I don't think she's being pecked at. I heard that when one chicken molts, all the others of the flock do. But i hope her wing isn't broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fl.gif
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Since I am not even old enought to be on this website (sorry!!! but i love forums!) My mom does not like to pay money just for something that might not even be serious. I' don't think it's broken, i think she just might have sprained it. I'll keep you updated daily!!

No, I don't think she's being pecked at. I heard that when one chicken molts, all the others of the flock do. But i hope her wing isn't broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fl.gif
idunno.gif
My chickens molt at different times so she could be the only one molting. I had a chicken that must have sprained it's wing because she favored it for about a week and it hung down a little lower than her other wing. Keep an eye on your girl, make sure she is eating & drinking. Maybe some vitamins in the water. Good luck & hope she is better soon.

Back
Top Bottom