Is My Chicken Sick?

Moomaroo

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 23, 2014
Yesterday morning I went outside to check on my chickens and noticed my Rhode Island Red (Shes 3-4 years old) chicken was still sleeping on our chicken roost which is very unusual for her because she is so active and usually comes running to me. She didn't even want out of the coop. I took her out to free-range for a bit and she did walk around, for a little bit before she flopped herself down beside our other chicken (We only have 2) and went back to sleep. When I saw this I started getting worried because this is just so unusual of her. I also noticed her face and comb is a light pink instead of a red like is usually is. I added some apple cider vinegar and a little calcium drops into her water and also added some yogurt into her feed. She ate and drank but not as much as she normally does. After she finished she just went back to sleep. I thought tomorrow she would be better but nope. She is still the same today. My other chicken is recovering from vent gleet right now so I thought that maybe she is coming down with that too? The thing is that my other chicken never acted a thing like this when she had vent gleet so I'm thinking she might be sick with something else-if she sick. So the things different from usual behaviour are that she is sleeping pretty much all the time, eating less than usual, she does seem to be drinking a bit more, her face and comb are a light pink and the outside area around one of her eyes looks a bit different. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly but it looks wrinkled, this is only on one eye. If you have any idea what could be wrong with her or any ideas on what I can do to help her please help me. Also post any other questions you might have about her...I really don't want anything to happen to her so I'd love all the help I could get. I've been searching online but I can't seem to find any illnesses like this.

It's not swollen and her face looks better today but it's still a light pink. Also, I saw her droppings and they and green with yellow in them and foamy...I just brought her inside in a kennel. I'll try to post some pictures if I can tonight.

Back
Top Bottom