Is my Cinnamon Queen a...... king?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lux_interior, May 11, 2009.

1. lux_interior

lux_interior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    Hi, this is my first post ever on here!! I've been reading up a lot about cinnamon queens, or as much as I can, since I bought them. I didn't know anything about them when I got 2 of them with my 3 RIRs... and the more I find out, I'm hearing that they are sex-linked, and the lighter colored, or white ones should be roosters.... I was told they were both pullets when I got them, but one of them is very, very white! Any opinions are appreciated!

[​IMG]
    This is the chick in question, in contrast next to my other, much darker cinnamon queen.

I really hope she's a hen! She's my favorite and I don't want to get rid of her, but I can't keep a roo, they're too loud, i live in the chicago suburbs... Oh, and my chickens are only 4 weeks old, any chance she'll get darker still?? or advice on how to check the sex?!

2. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    If they are both definitely cinnamon queens, than the white one would be a cockerel. I'm having a hard time telling exactly what color the lighter chick is. Is there a chance that the whitish/buff chick is something else?

3. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    I agree. It doesn't really look rooish, but if it is truly a Cinnamon Queen that's what it has to be.

4. lux_interior

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    I bought them labeled cinnamon queens, so that is what I have to assume it is... there is definitely not a large comb or anything... and the coloring is white with light brown feathers on the head and neck.... Are there any chances at the coloring of these chickens ever being off? Is it possible to have a cinnamon queen pullet that is white????

5. lux_interior

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    here are more pics, the one in question is obviously the whitest one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I have red sex links aka cinnamon queens. One of my hens are more white than the rest...IMHO she is beautiful. I wish to get more like her. I will try to post some pics soon.

7. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    I think it is a girl. Sex Links at day old have red down like you can see your girl stil hane on head.Baby boys are born with white down

8. lux_interior

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    this is her the day I got her... again, the whitest one [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't think it's a roo. The comb just doesn't look like a roo at all. I don't know if it is truly a light colored cinnamon queen, or something else, but I would say pullet.

10. andisgarden

andisgarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    I am not an expert but, it looks like my golden comet. That is how they looked as chicks and the coloring is more similar to how they look now. Perhaps they mixed a few extras in the box?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by