is my coop big enough?????

Thank.you all for your input .. also I was wondering .. my dad wants to get road island reds and at my feed store they had one left I wanted to get it so bad but was UNsure so I didn't ... would the chick be ok if I were to get it.and put it in the broader I have my 2 to 3 week old Muscovys ... the chick looked a few days old
Don't put a chick that small in with your Muscovy's you can put a plastic bin inside the brooder and keep the chick in that but that is way to big a size difference to put them together now, let the chick get at least 4 weeks old by then they can all be in the coop together and the chick will be able to get up on a roost away from anyone who wants to bully it. I'd get at least 2 chicks though they do much better in 2 or more. if you keep the chick inside another clear bin in the brooder make sure the chick can't jump out into where the ducklings are, you'd be surprised how nasty babies can be to one smaller than themselves.

Last edited:
How should I go about introducing the mucovys to my other 4 big ducks when the time comes... and at what age should I do this

I will just wait on chickens then thanks you I'd hate to put it in any kind of danger
I think that's best. You'll have to introduce your little ducklings to your older ducks slowly too. It is just the way it is in duck family dynamics. How could someone go and buy baby chicks and leave one behind, I sure couldn't do it.

I think there was a few ducklings with it but it seemed lonely and didn't huddle with them

Back
Top Bottom