Is my crockpot big enough?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MamaMarcy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I'm finding myself wondering if my crockpot is big enough for our buckeye rooster, Marylou, who just FLOGGED me in the yard as I was getting my son out of his booster seat.

He followed me and kept flogging, even after I drop kicked him.

What ever did I do to his feathery butt to make him so obnoxious? [​IMG]

2. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got no roos so am always voting for the pot for birds that are crabby! Coq au vin, why not?

Well, unless you love the guy. Yeah, there is that. Love the image of the drop kick, btw.

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a JG mix that at 6 mos is starting to feel his hormones so I sure feel your pain; literally perhaps? He killed one little snotty cockerel earlier this week and then two days ago flogged me and kept coming back for more boots to his butt. I guess he thought he needed flight practise. [​IMG] Spring must be near...

4. if he killed a cockerel, he should head to the pot... definitely, and i don't agree with the pot very often!

5. poseygrace

poseygrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Georgia
    Use the stock pot if the crock pot isn't big enough! [​IMG]

6. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh he is! I went to round to round 'em up this evening and got flogged again! He's actually closer to 8 mos than 6... but either way he's dinner! I was hoping to grow him out to a little larger. With a not quite 5 yr old around it can't be done (the waiting I mean).

Stoopid bird! The little cockeral was killed 'cuz he kept challenging to move up in the pecking order. The deceased guy was 12 weeks or so old. I can't decide if it's it spring fever or testosterone going to their little pea brains? Either way, he will be dinner.

7. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    I am doing this as well. Do not like fighting with a Roo. I do not have any little kids, but I cannot imagine what that would be like, a Roo attacking a child. Scared me to death, and a child is a lot smaller them me! So, crock pot here he comes!!!!!!

8. Coldspringchicken

Coldspringchicken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2009
    Cold Spring NY
    Chase him back and show him whos boss. If that does not work then dinner it is! You can always freeze half for later if your pot is not big enough.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by