Is my duck’s breathing normal?

carlyducks

Songster
Jan 27, 2018
So my 1 year old female black Swedish duck has always seemed to breathe heavy as long as I could remember..
I didn’t think anything of it because she has always done it. But scrolling online last night I read that when I duck breathes and their tail bobs up and down and could mean that have a respiratory problem.. I am now very worried and couldn’t sleep all night after reading it.

She has always breathed like this when laying down. And she is completely healthy, eats, drinks, poops, lays an egg daily, all normal. She is very friendly & active, swims, etc.

When she’s laying down, her tail goes up and down and she takes deep breaths. When she is hot, it will be much quicker breaths but her tail still bobs up and down.

Do you think I should be concerned, or do some ducks just breathe like this when laying down?

So my 1 year old female black Swedish duck has always seemed to breathe heavy as long as I could remember..
I didn’t think anything of it because she has always done it. But scrolling online last night I read that when I duck breathes and their tail bobs up and down and could mean that have a respiratory problem.. I am now very worried and couldn’t sleep all night after reading it.

She has always breathed like this when laying down. And she is completely healthy, eats, drinks, poops, lays an egg daily, all normal. She is very friendly & active, swims, etc.

When she’s laying down, her tail goes up and down and she takes deep breaths. When she is hot, it will be much quicker breaths but her tail still bobs up and down.

Do you think I should be concerned, or do some ducks just breathe like this when laying down?
If she's always done it and is normal in every way she's probably okay. Can you post a video so we can see? Upload to YouTube or Vimeo then copy/paste the link here.

Back
Top Bottom