Is my duckling going to be okay

CD4COW9879

Hatching
Sep 8, 2022
Four days ago my duckling started showing signs of hatching. She had made a little hole and I could hear peeping. After about almost three days later I started getting worried that she was stuck, so I made the whole a little bigger and decided not to do anything else until the next morning. The next morning nothing really changed so I started helping her a little bit. I saw that she was in a very awkward position and looked quite stuck. But she definitely looked like she was ready to get out. I started breaking the egg and saw that there was a little bit of blood and a mucus looking substance at the back of the egg. After I helped her out I Ieft her in the incubator where I noticed she was very floppy and kept falling into her back. Her eyes are bulging a little bit and she has what looks like a little belly button. The other duckling I hatched didn't have any of these problems and I'm very worried I did something wrong. Do you guys have any idea of what I should do? Is she going to be okay?

:welcome From everything I have heard on here when we help with hatching it takes them a couple days or longer for them to recover. That sometimes means the yolk sac isn't fully absorbed but usually if kept from dragging it and causing it to rupture it will finish absorbing too and be fine. Many put their duckling in a small bowl or cup on a soft cloth until fully absorbed in the bator. Not sure about the eyes can you post some pictures?
When did this duckling hatch?

I don't hatch in a bator I have Muscovy!
@HollowOfWisps would probably be better at this than me for advise.
@New duck mommy 2021

:welcome From everything I have heard on here when we help with hatching it takes them a couple days or longer for them to recover. That sometimes means the yolk sac isn't fully absorbed but usually if kept from dragging it and causing it to rupture it will finish absorbing too and be fine. Many put their duckling in a small bowl or cup on a soft cloth until fully absorbed in the bator. Not sure about the eyes can you post some pictures?

@New duck mommy 2021
Thank you so much, it hatched this morning.

@New duck mommy 2021
Thank you so much. It hatched this morning.
20220908_183253.jpg
20220908_183148.jpg

Back
Top Bottom