Is my Easter Egger a roo?

Kaykay93

Hatching
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Hi! This is my first batch of chickens ever, so naturally I've had many questions, but this is the first time I've posted on here! :) I'm worried because one of my Easter Eggers is acting like a cockerel :/ I brought them outside for the first time yesterday and she acted much like the roosters I've seen, watching out for the other pullets and standing a little apart. She also always looks straight at me, kind of giving me "the eye". She also is a little bigger than the other two of the same breed. Besides that I haven't seem any other signs, no comb development yet and she wasn't late feathering, but I'm still worried. We got 6 out of pullet bin at Rural King, so they were supposed to be sexed, but I know it's only 90% accurate. I've attached pictures, please let me know what you think! They're about 2 weeks old.

He/she is the one looking right at me ("the eye"!)
The one looking around.

Thanks!

shmccarthy

Songster
6 Years
Mar 27, 2013
Michigan
I have a little EE pullet that looks a lot like that one. She started with the greyish head with the chipmunk pattern and the same wing markings.
and this is what she looks like now. You have a good shot of that being a pullet (based on the color pattern) but like Kasey said, watch out for the reddish coloring that the roosters get on their wings.

Kaykay93

Hatching
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Thanks, I hope she's a pullet! No signs yet of a red comb or red coloring, so that's good. Maybe she's just a giant :)

Top Bottom