Is my Easter Egger male of female?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thecreekhouse, Mar 9, 2015.

1. thecreekhouse

thecreekhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    East Tennessee
    or too young to tell?[​IMG]. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mysterious14u2c

mysterious14u2c Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2014
    How old is it?

3. Southern Ann

Southern Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    I was wondering if anyone would know what type of chicken this is and the sex of it? It's about 10 weeks old, has a pea comb, has very big feet the same size as my one year old wyandottos it's aggressive towards other animals such as my dog coming inside the coop. I think it is a rooster and a Brahma because of the feathers on the feet and the comb shape but want a second opinion thanks.! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jedwards

Jedwards Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    Berks County, PA
  5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    thecreekhouse, your Easter Egger is too young to sex, though there are no definite rooster signs yet. Southern Ann, your bird looks like a mixed breed (maybe with Brahma or Langshan) and is likely a cockerel.

6. Southern Ann

Mar 9, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    Thank-you.! [​IMG] I will go and look into the Langshan breed and I also agree with you about it being a cockerel. [@]wyandottes7

7. LotsOLopsChicks

LotsOLopsChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2015
    Virginia
    I know you want help, but it's best to make your own post and not 'hijack'' someone elses post. They want help, and so do you, they created a new post. I'm not trying to be mean. :) Please make your own post.

8. Southern Ann

Mar 9, 2015
    Texas
    My Coop
    This is my first day making this account and I thought that you look up the sub title and post what you need help on. I have no idea how to make a post thingy???? [@]LotsOLopsChicks

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

10. LotsOLopsChicks

LotsOLopsChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2015
    Virginia
    I figured lol. No big deal since your new. But I'm going to teach you so people don't yell at you. :) TO make a post: Well go to the topic you want to post under.. and sometimes there is 'sticky posts'. Right above the 'sticky posts' there will be a blue button, saying 'create a new thread'. Press that and voila!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by