Is my EE a roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NCchickenmommy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. NCchickenmommy

NCchickenmommy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    Charlotte,NC
    Hi!

This is my first post! I'm totally new to chickens and am hoping you all can help me out with the sex of my EE. I'm hoping "Stormy" is a hen but am afraid she's looking very roo'ish! She doesn't really act like a rooster but she is young. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Roo!

3. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    His Stance And His Tail Feathers Suggest A Roo.

4. quinkerton

quinkerton Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    North Bennington
    Deffinately a roo! Compare his tailfeather's to another that you know is a hen. He is going to be gorgeous!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  5. undergroundchickens

undergroundchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Utah
    Can I ask where you got your EE's? They are beautiful. I would love to have one or two with those feathers. [​IMG]

How old are they?

6. NCchickenmommy

NCchickenmommy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    Charlotte,NC
    [​IMG] Thanks, everyone. I'm afraid I'll have to get rid of him. We live in a neighborhood and I don't want problems with the neighbors. So far everyone has been supportive of my chickens but I don't think they will appreciate crowing!

undergroundchickens - We got him from a local man we found through craigslist. He raises a wide variety of chickens. "Stormy" caught my eye because of his beautiful coloring. The guy said we could bring back any that were roos. Oh well.

I "think" he's between 13-15 weeks but I'm really not sure. The guy we got them from had a lot of chickens running all over the place and was getting confused by my MANY questions!!!

7. speakup4kids

speakup4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Yuba City , CA
    I'm not convinced that is a roo. The EE's I have seen have a more convincing comb than that at that age. I'd still hold out for a pullet on that one. It doesn't shout roo to me.

8. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

I was thinking pullet, too. I have one that looks just like it. I don't really see any sickle feathers....

9. Lorije1

Lorije1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    My ~ 13wk old EE roo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    He looks like my 8 week old ee roo..