Is my EE a Roo??

mainechicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 18, 2012
Maine
Hello Everyone! We have 12 chickens, they are around 6-7 weeks old. One of our easter eggers however has new tail feathers that are really long. None of the other chickens have these. Could this be a sign that this chicken is a roo? Thoughts? Here are some pictures. Thank you everyone!

Well all chickens have different looks maybe this one has a longer tail. I'm thinking no its not a roo.

Do you have a variety of breeds? I am by no means an expert, or have much experience, but my friend just brought me three of her chickens that she didn't have room for. At 5-6ish weeks old the EEs have some seriously long tails compared to the others! They were sold as pullets so the fact that both of them look so similar I'm thinking it's just a potential feature for the "breed" since, from what I understand (these are my first EEs) their looks vary quite a bit from bird to bird.

Hello! Yes, we have 6 Golden Buffs, 4 Barred Rocks, and 2 Easter Eggers! :) They are all very friendly, some even jump up in our laps and we can hand feed them treats. Thanks for all the input everyone. :)

I think these two Red Sussex crosses are roosters. I was only supposed to get one but I guess the hatchery gives extra in case one dies in shipping. The other 12 are red colored so I'm thinking these are two boys. I wonder if they'll fight when they grow upup??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom