is my goat pregnant?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lisa62479, Feb 20, 2012.

1. lisa62479

lisa62479 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2012
    thonotosassa, florida
    i bought her from an auction on 1/23/12 ...i was wondering if u look at pics if anyone can tell if she is pregnant? or how i can tell if she is pregnant? and what kind of goat do u think she is?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. rwbwfarm

rwbwfarm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2011
    NY
    Hard to say about the pregnant part - does she have any udder development? Goats usually don't show until the last 2ish months although my LaMancha has been HUGE for 2 months & isn't due until the end of March. Is she smaller? If she is smaller, maybe a Nigerian Dwarf cross. If larger, maybe an Alpine cross. I first though Boer cross but her ears go the wrong way :).

3. ebrader

ebrader Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2010
    how old is she? and also for help on anything from what feed she needs to delivery of the possible little one check out this site :
    http://fiascofarm.com/

4. lisa62479

lisa62479 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2012
    thonotosassa, florida
    no udder development yet i bought her from an auction the middle of jan so im not sure on her age...i dont know alot about goats yet...how long are they pregnant?..i thought she was a boar cross...but idk..she is short but chubby :)

5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Goat gestation is 150 days for full size goats, 145 for Nigerian Dwarfs and pygmy. The udder may not drop until around freshening. It doesn't look like a Nigerian Dwarf, maybe if crossed with a Boer, or even Boer and Pygmy cross. Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by