is my goose afraid of my guinea pigs?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by sydney13, Jul 20, 2010.

1. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    when ever my dog gets to close to my goose she will stand their honking at him and her whole neck starts to shake in what i think looks like fear. i thought this is normal then since he is a dog but then a few days ago she noticed my guinea pigs in their pen and started doing the same to them and they are only 2 lbs [​IMG] . does this behaivor sound like she afraid of them and does it sound like the way a gander would act?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  2. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    Geese would be afraid of a lima bean if it looked like it was gonna chase them. When I bring my geese in the house at night, they come through the back room and kitchen to get to my room. If there is something odd on the floor, like a wrapper or sock, it will freeze them in their tracks. Geese are very conservative and afraid of ANYTHING new. If geese had a political persuasion, they would be "old fashioned" Republicans lol. Traditional, conservative, keep things as they are, no funny stuff, God and Country [​IMG]

I had five guinea keets fledged and outside for a whole month before I let them out to free range. They took to following my flock of adult Toulouse ganders as they would follow their parents. The geese would look behind them, terrified, and start to run. The guinea keets would step it up to keep up, causing greater frantic speed and attempts to fly away by the geese.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh they are SO FUNNY!
    My 3 year old was slowly following (herding) the geese yesterday with his bubble mower, it was quite cute. A short time later my little guy came in for a nap and I heard a huge ruckus outside. The geese had the bubble mower surrounded and were yelling at it and dragging it around by the little cord. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by