Is my guinea pig pregnant?!

cassie

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Either she is pregnant or she isn't. There isn't much you can do about it either way. Do you have a breeding date on her?

Emmakeoghoreilly13

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2017
Either she is pregnant or she isn't. There isn't much you can do about it either way. Do you have a breeding date on her?
No I haven't a clue but she was in with males about a month ago so I'm guessing that's when it took place?

savannahRoos22

Songster
Oct 13, 2017
I did a little research! The mean length of pregnancy for a litter of 1 guinea pig is 70 days; for a litter of 6 guinea pigs its 67 days. First litters tend to be smaller than subsequent litters. Females do become very big during pregnancy. Determining the presence of babies is important.
  1. Consider whether your guinea pig was in the presence of a boar. Boars are male guinea pigs. ...
  2. Observe her eating habits. A pregnant sow will begin to drink and eat more as the pregnancy advances. ...
  3. Check her weight. ...
  4. Feel for piglets.
I dont know! I hope you so much luck that things turn out good and healthy for her!

Emmakeoghoreilly13

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2017
I did a little research! The mean length of pregnancy for a litter of 1 guinea pig is 70 days; for a litter of 6 guinea pigs its 67 days. First litters tend to be smaller than subsequent litters. Females do become very big during pregnancy. Determining the presence of babies is important.
  1. Consider whether your guinea pig was in the presence of a boar. Boars are male guinea pigs. ...
  2. Observe her eating habits. A pregnant sow will begin to drink and eat more as the pregnancy advances. ...
  3. Check her weight. ...
  4. Feel for piglets.
I dont know! I hope you so much luck that things turn out good and healthy for her!
Thank you

Top Bottom