Is my guinea pig pregnant?!

Emmakeoghoreilly13

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2017
IMG_7802.JPG she's been sleeping loads and staying in her tunnel a lot and only coming out to eat and drink please help

Attachments

• IMG_7801.JPG
    IMG_7801.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7803.JPG
    IMG_7803.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 12
I did a little research! The mean length of pregnancy for a litter of 1 guinea pig is 70 days; for a litter of 6 guinea pigs its 67 days. First litters tend to be smaller than subsequent litters. Females do become very big during pregnancy. Determining the presence of babies is important.
  1. Consider whether your guinea pig was in the presence of a boar. Boars are male guinea pigs. ...
  2. Observe her eating habits. A pregnant sow will begin to drink and eat more as the pregnancy advances. ...
  3. Check her weight. ...
  4. Feel for piglets.
I dont know! I hope you so much luck that things turn out good and healthy for her!

I did a little research! The mean length of pregnancy for a litter of 1 guinea pig is 70 days; for a litter of 6 guinea pigs its 67 days. First litters tend to be smaller than subsequent litters. Females do become very big during pregnancy. Determining the presence of babies is important.
  1. Consider whether your guinea pig was in the presence of a boar. Boars are male guinea pigs. ...
  2. Observe her eating habits. A pregnant sow will begin to drink and eat more as the pregnancy advances. ...
  3. Check her weight. ...
  4. Feel for piglets.
I dont know! I hope you so much luck that things turn out good and healthy for her!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom