1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my hen an OEGB or a Sebright????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wjallen05, Nov 6, 2009.

1. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    Wow... so I got this hen I guess about a year and a half ago. My daughter named her Pinky. She is "MY" chicken [​IMG] We all love her very much and she is our special (sweet, sweet, sweet!) girl. We bought some chickens from a guy who also had a bunch of bantams and he gave her to us. I don't remember him telling me what breed she was, but I always just thought she was an OEGB. Well today, it suddenly hit me... is she a Sebright?? Or is she an OEGB? Here is a picture of her, and her mate, Johnny Cash. I got him this spring from someone else, I know that he is an OEGB.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    She's not a sebright since she is not a recognized variety and she is single-combed (sebrights have rose combs). She looks like an OEGB or a Dutch - can't tell for sure.

3. wjallen05

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    The chicken in my avatar is a Mottled d'Uccle.

LOL... I was going to ask! Very pretty!

Oh and thanks for the response.​

4. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

She is a ginger red OEGB... I had one just like that.

5. wjallen05

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    She is a ginger red OEGB... I had one just like that

Okay that's what I thought... thanks!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by