Is my hen broody?

mariposarecital

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2023
Turlock, CA
One of my hens is currently pecking at my other hen if she gets too close to the pullets. Is this a sign of her being broody? She is around 5 months old, and my other hen is around 6 months. The pullets are being heavily protected by her. They are not her pullets either, all are silkies, leghorns, sexlinks and orpingtons. She is an Ameraucana. Is she broody? So sorry if this sounds a little stupid, I'm getting back into the chicken business!

Thank you! I asked a friend and he said otherwise, so I wanted to ask here for more opinions. I am a little worried, though, as she's way too protective of them and will not stop pecking at my other hen. Should I separate them?
Probably not a sign of being broody.

One of my hens is currently pecking at my other hen if she gets too close to the pullets. Is this a sign of her being broody? She is around 5 months old, and my other hen is around 6 months. The pullets are being heavily protected by her. They are not her pullets either, all are silkies, leghorns, sexlinks and orpingtons. She is an Ameraucana. Is she broody? So sorry if this sounds a little stupid, I'm getting back into the chicken business!
Situation is not clear.
The 5 & 6 months olds are pullets(not hen until 1 yer old) are they both laying?
Are there younger birds involved?
If so how old, how long have they been living together?
Where are they living?
Coop and run size, in feet by feet.

Back
Top Bottom