Is my little love a cockerel or pullet? Help!

bayleehin

In the Brooder
May 24, 2020
So, I initially bought 4 chicks to start my own little “farm” and I am really starting to think that my Amberlink is a roo.. It bit the fire out of me today and drew some blood (has never done that before). I started to panic because my other lovies just peck. They are around 7 weeks old. I’ve done a lot of research and I’d just like other people to either confirm or deny my suspicions. Thanks! (I hope this post is in the right forum, I apologize if it isn’t..I’m new here :)
C0A35B49-D21E-4652-BAD0-60BE08A79E3A.jpeg

Attachments

• 1E6720CF-6F73-4094-8762-6406139E7BFC.jpeg
    1E6720CF-6F73-4094-8762-6406139E7BFC.jpeg
    667.8 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to BYC!
He's a handsome little guy, but it sometimes seems like the prettier they are, the meaner they are....
Are you okay after his little lashing?
He is beautiful and sadly still the favorite (sorry to the others). He was super tolerant the other day. Laid in my arms and let me cuddle him. Then today he just wanted nothing to do with me! It’s upsetting. My finger is ok, a bit swollen and sore but not bad. I cleaned it well.

I know! He was babied so much (I love the others of course but he was just the best little babe. Very tolerant). The other day he let me hold and cuddle him. Then today I went to pick him up and he went after my middle finger!
My little girl and I were crying after week 1 at the prospect of our Minnie Mouse being a Male (can't have them here). Thankfully shes 4 weeks now and not showing signs of being a male. By the end Of week one she knew her name, she knew how to get on my hand and she would fly to us. But after all that crying, we got 2 more, just in case, and im pretty sure one of those is a male.

He is beautiful and sadly still the favorite (sorry to the others). He was super tolerant the other day. Laid in my arms and let me cuddle him. Then today he just wanted nothing to do with me! It’s upsetting. My finger is ok, a bit swollen and sore but not bad. I cleaned it well.
Can you keep roosters where you're at? I've read (no actual experience) to let them do their morning rooster jobs, and then handle them later.

Back
Top Bottom