Is my new Polish hen a Polish roo?

coopdetat

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
I picked up these two Polish yesterday and I'm having some doubts about the gold laced one's gender. I can't tell if her lacing is just kind of wonky or if those are saddle feathers I'm seeing. It's also been very wet so I can't tell if the crest is stringy like that or just wet. Both birds are about 12 weeks

Thanks!

There is no way that gold laced polish is a pullet, it is 100% cockerel. Here is a pic of my male and female

Boy

Girl

Thanks all!

Now that her hair(crest) has finally dried she looks like more like the hen in the photos above. I'll try to get a photo for a second opinion but he/she is is a bit skittish.

i think the gold one might be a boy and the silver a girl, just the energy of them and the way they carry themselves makes me think that. they are so pretty! my daughter wants another fluffy chicken, we have a cochin bantam and she wants some with the feathers on their heads. guess we will all find out sooner or later. maybe they will have nice babies for you you can look forward to if they are a couple.

I think they're both half Tolbunt so they would definitely have interesting looking chicks! However I'm in the city so I'd have to find a new home for Mr. Rooster.

Back
Top Bottom