Is my pullet sick???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Shine Your Light, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Shine Your Light

Shine Your Light New Egg

Oct 23, 2011
    I have a bantam pullet maybe 8mos. Yesterday morning I noticed that she was puffed and not as active as normal. She did eat when I threw out some scratch and later that afternoon when I gave some greens, and she was out in the yard foraging with the others but many times throughout the day she was off by herself laying down or puffed. This morning I took them greens and she is not eating and definately less active than yesterday. I picked her up and she seems thinner than normal. She is puffed and sits down and look as though she is about to close her eyes. Also, her eyes look clear, no discharge, no respiratory sounds, and I did see her poop this morning and it looked normal. Her eyes do look kind of smaller though, I don't know how to explain it but they seem kind of squinty like she's not feeling well. Also, she did lay yesterday.

I have had her and 3 others approx 3 mos. then we got 4 more about 1 mo. ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

How cold is it out? Mine will puff up when cold. They will also do it if sick. If it is not cold enough for puffing up, I would worry.

3. Shine Your Light

Shine Your Light New Egg

Oct 23, 2011
    I live in so cal, Its cold, but not very and none of the others are acting this way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by