Is my Quarantine a bust?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by heidibeidi, Oct 24, 2011.

1. heidibeidi

heidibeidi Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Hi there,
    I have three backyard hens who we got from Mypetchicken that are about 18 months old. We recently got two other Ameracana hens from a friend in town who was moving, they have been in quarantine in a different coop for the last two weeks. Here's the problem, my sneaky brat hens snuck through two fences and found the other coop! They walked around the new chicken run and checked each other out for awhile (through the chicken wire) before I caught them and sent them back to their part of the yard. Is my quarantine useless at this point? Should I just mix them now or wait the last two weeks?

Luckily the new hens are in beautiful shape and come from a reputable person. Man was I annoyed with my hens though!!

thanks for any advice!!

2. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    I'd still wait another 2 wks. Don't press your luck. Even though they visited the other coop, everything may be alright.....this time. [​IMG]

3. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    It's not that big a compromise that you should say to heck with it, especially since they were outside as they interacted through the fences. They didn't share food, water, roosting spaces, the same ground or even the same air in an enclosed space. Continue with your quarantine as planned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by