Is my Rooster Bumble Foot healing properly?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jrsygrl26m, Jul 2, 2016.

1. jrsygrl26m

jrsygrl26m New Egg

Nov 18, 2014
    Little elm Texas
    [​IMG]

When I was cutting out the infection I cut him a little deep which I think that's why it's black. It's dried blood. He walk but not long and has a limp. I removed it about 5 days ago. Does it look normal? It's my first time.. A little info he is eating fine and drinking but doesn't crow in the morning and I have him kept away from his ladies. I change his dressing every day. [​IMG]

Thank you in advance

2. jrsygrl26m

jrsygrl26m New Egg

Nov 18, 2014
    Little elm Texas
    I hope I posted this correctly my first time posting[​IMG]

3. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
  4. jrsygrl26m

jrsygrl26m New Egg

Nov 18, 2014
    Little elm Texas
    I cut really deep. I only saw pink flesh. I removed what looked like roots 3 strings. He was bleeding badly. I went in the house to get more paper towels and he was sitting in a pool of blood. So I resoaked in Epsom salt dried quickly and covered it with liquid bandage. It was only way I could get yo stop bleeding. Next day I resoaked and removed the liquid band aid and only had to reapply to a tiny area. Why do you think it may need to be redone ? So I can recognize the signs thank you for your help

5. jrsygrl26m

jrsygrl26m New Egg

Nov 18, 2014
    Little elm Texas
    Silly me I just realized you said swelling was the indication[​IMG]

6. Wyorp Rock

Wyorp Rock Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Southern N.C. Mountains
    [​IMG]

No problem. I would think the swelling would have gone down more in 5 days. But I would give it a few more days.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by