Is my rooster's comb okay?

RubyDoe

In the Brooder
May 4, 2022
Kitsap, WA
This is Russell Crow. He's about 5 months old, and he's always had a floppy comb. It hangs over one eye now that it's gotten larger, which seems to bother him.

Today I noticed what seems to be black speckles on the comb. I'm wondering if he's deficient in some vitamin? Should I be worried about his floppy comb?

Attachments

• 20220707_150017.jpg
    20220707_150017.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220707_150033.jpg
    20220707_150033.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 5
Poor guy! That comb does seem like it would be in the way. The black spots are completely normal, they're just little wounds.

I was going to separate the feathered area to the base of mines head pulling the comb back and place one dab of super glue with a pain brush end so it’s not a dot more like a small tiny line press and hold for 10 sec……..
It won't last long and might be uncomfortable for him. If the comb is really interfering with his quality of life, it will need dubbed. Otherwise, he's fine.

It won't last long and might be uncomfortable for him. If the comb is really interfering with his quality of life, it will need dubbed. Otherwise, he's fine.
He just isn’t able to see on one side he uses his other eye when going about his day I’ll try to get a pic he is a mix lavender olive egger and silky so his comb just is too big for him from his daddy

Thanks for the feedback!

His comb seems more obnoxious to him than anything else. I will keep an eye on it to make sure nothing terrible starts happening.

Back
Top Bottom