is my "she" a "he"?

lynnpm

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 8, 2013
I bought this "girl" about 6 weeks ago through craigslist. Her owner told me she was a pullet and half olive egger, half brahma (?). I bought her because I needed a companion for my lone remaining pullet, a leghorn. At first, the leghorn was clearly dominating the new girl. In the past week or so, the two have been fighting and the new "girl" has been jumping on the leghorn's back and plucking at the back of her head. "She" is much bigger than the leghorn. And today, for the first time, she CROWED three times. Is my she really a he?

I had a picture in my post but it's not showing. Can anyone tell me how to post a picture of my girl?

I checked and "she" has the pointy, hanging saddle feathers .... and now won't stop with the crowing. I am soooo bummed. I have to find him a home now immediately and find a new pullet! Ughhhhhh!

If I'm not mistaken (it's been awhile and they may have changed the rules) the reason that you can't post pics is that you have to have something like 10 posts before you can post pics. Just go somewhere and say hello a few times, then try again.

But....crowing AND mounting AND sickle feathers. Hello Mr Roo

I checked and "she" has the pointy, hanging saddle feathers .... and now won't stop with the crowing. I am soooo bummed. I have to find him a home now immediately and find a new pullet! Ughhhhhh!
For getting a new pullet I know where u can get one that will be a pullet! Get a spent hen from a factory farm!

Back
Top Bottom