Is my Silver Laced Polish a Cockerel or pullet?

PolishPeepers

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2017
Hi! All of my flock I purchased sexed with the exception of my Polish Silver and Gold Laced, the were straight runs. I have one silver (here is the photo taken today) it's 9 weeks, I have 2 gold laced Polish ones too, one looks just like this silver laced, and the other has almost no tail feathers at all. So can you tell, is it a cockerel or a pullet? Thank you
CHICKEN POLISH SILVER LACED.jpg

It's a little young yet to be certain, and better photos are needed, a shot of it's head, and a standing side shot would be helpful, though I know how difficult it can be to get photos of moving chickens.

It's a little young yet to be certain, and better photos are needed, a shot of it's head, and a standing side shot would be helpful, though I know how difficult it can be to get photos of moving chickens.
Thank you! Will get pics of all 3 tomorrow. I wasn't sure if you could tell by tail feathers or not. Thanks

Thank you! Will get pics of all 3 tomorrow. I wasn't sure if you could tell by tail feathers or not. Thanks
Your chicks are pretty young and still going through baby molts and the growing out of the large tail and wing feathers, so generally they need to be older before you can start to see rooster feathers coming in if there are any.

Back
Top Bottom