Is my Speckled Sussex a bantam? Pics of her

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nicole01, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Maple my speckled sussex was two weeks old yesterday. She seems so tiny to me. I was wondering if perhaps she is a bantam speckled sussex. Not that it matters, I'm just curious. I love her just the same.[​IMG]

I took these pictures just a few minutes ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, I just have to show you my very first apple pie I made from scratch! It was soooo yummy! Even the crust is made from scratch. It took me two hours total to make. :p

[​IMG]

2. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    She looks tiny to me, and alot simular to my little bantam girl, but Im no expert..

But I am hungry now... [​IMG]

3. penny32507

penny32507 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2009
    At 2 weeks my Speckled Sussex looked like a sparrow next to the Buff Orpington chicks. Now at 6 weeks she is catching up and is starting to look like a roo..

4. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    She looks about the same size as my 2.5 week SS.

5. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    We have a SLW my son brought home from the feed store who I swear is a bantam, but they said no it's a standard. She is also teeny tiny. Not sure if someone goofed up or if she'll have a growth spurt all of a sudden, but we love her anyway. We have a 2 week old SS as well who is bigger than yours. Your little girl looks the size of my SLW. Now- can we talk about that amazing looking pie.....????

2 Week old SS, Woodsy
    [​IMG]

Charmander (SLW) and Woodsy There is a bout 6 days difference in age, but Woodsy was never that small when we got her!
    [​IMG]

Here's the gang. The Black Jersey Giant chick, Onyx, on the left, is the same age as our little SLW.
    [​IMG]

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:My Maple has half the leg thickness as your Woodsy. Maple looks petite compared to Woodsy. [​IMG] Maple has grown quite a bit this past week. Her wings are bigger then her body and they kinda remind me of butterfly/moth wings.

I was shocked to see how well the pie turned out! It was amazingly good! I made a pumpkin pie today and fresh baked bread from scratch. I just started making everything homemade a few months ago. The family seems to be pretty happy about that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by