Is My sweet Miracle a girl or a boy *Added More Pics*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by countrygirl911, Sep 17, 2011.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    About 5 weeks ago i was told that my silkie was a boy noy that he or she is 17 weeks old today i have my doughts any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry in advance that they are not good pictures but i tryed to get a good pic of her backside and head

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I have no earthly idea but he/she has a really nice.....errr.....uhhh....a$$.[​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Cock-A-Doodle-Doo! [​IMG]

4. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    can you also please let me know what characteristics to look for in a girl and a boy so when our 5 weeks old get older i will be able to tell. what makes this beauty look boy or girl i would like to learn so i can sex my little ones when they get a little older. he/she is the only survivor of a raccoon attack she is in a pen with a millie and 3 americaunas until the babies get bigger i was thinking girl because i do not see any streamers and i have not heard him/her crow yet but i know i could be wrong since i am new to silkies and sexing them.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. countrygirl911

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    i do not like to bump but i also have another question about silkies how old are they usually before they crow or lay an egg i was told that they take longer than other chickens but i want to make sure.

6. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I want to say hen, this looks just like my girl...you can see her comb a little just like on mine.

7. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    It looks like my Silkie hens comb, but im not sure about those head feathers.

8. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    That is a rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by