1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is my Zora really a Zoro? 3.5 week old BRs

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DawnKD, Mar 4, 2016.

1. DawnKD

DawnKD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2015
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Need a little help with my second round of chicks I'm adding to my existing flock of four. All of the sudden, I fear I'm seeing that my Zora, the most curious one of the trio, might be a Zor-OH! Both of the BRs are hatchery stock, jumping all over each other trying to work out pecking order, and Zora is usually the one who hangs back a little and watches. Lighter barring, bigger comb, lighter colored legs ... but equal in amount of feathers, feet size and same posture as what I think is the confirmed pullet.

Zora/Oh is on the left, Zoie is on the right with my lil Lucy the red-sex link in the back.

[​IMG]

Up close ....

[​IMG]

Any thoughts about s-him? Of course, s-he's been my favorite from the beginning! TYIA

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Too young to be certain but that is a pretty big comb and it's got a lot of white in the feathers.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what color legs, girls usually have a black wash down their legs, males are yellow

4. DawnKD

DawnKD Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2015
    Sierra Madre, CA
    At first, both had wash on the legs - now the little suspect has barely any color on s-he's legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by