Is now a good time to buy chicks?

Apr 27, 2020
So I want to but some chicks for one of my hens to raise. She is broody and I was wondering when I can get the chicks to give to her? Is now a good time or should I wait till later spring?
it has been pretty warm here and no snow it has been in the upper 50s to upper 60s and the lows in the 40s at night

So I want to but some chicks for one of my hens to raise. She is broody and I was wondering when I can get the chicks to give to her? Is now a good time or should I wait till later spring?
it has been pretty warm here and no snow it has been in the upper 50s to upper 60s and the lows in the 40s at night
It will be warm enough because the hen can keep them warm in those temps. However, not every broody will adopt chicks, so have a plan B if that happens.
The greatest chance of success is if the hen has been broody close to 3 weeks, and the chicks are very new, the younger the better.

It will be warm enough because the hen can keep them warm in those temps. However, not every broody will adopt chicks, so have a plan B if that happens.
The greatest chance of success is if the hen has been broody close to 3 weeks, and the chicks are very new, the younger the better.
Ok thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom