Is one of my chicks a rooster???

You aren't showing the TRUE gender telling part which is saddle feathers on most breeds by the stated age..
View attachment 2277711
According to the development seen along with stated age.. a boy would have started looking like that closer to 8 weeks and I'm going with pullet.. getting her hormones.. *may* start laying before her sisters.. about another month-ish in my experience. :celebrate

Chickens don't read our rule books or care what they say! ;)

My friend had a rooster not crow until 18 months, and has several older hens with full length spurs. One of my hens started crowing when she was two years old.. yes she was the head hen but no it wasn't due to the absence of a rooster... AND some roosters like Seabright are hen feathered roosters! :eek:
Same here one of my barred rocks, he didn’t crow until he was almost 2 years old. I am friends with people who got tons of chickens (they own a pet store) and they got in quite a few sebrights, so I know sebrights are hen feathered, but EE roosters look a little different especially at that age. I’m just saying the age for them to start crowing is about that time. I just should’ve worded it different and said “probably should start crowing”

Back
Top Bottom