Is Romeo Show Quailty

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GAChknGirl, Sep 11, 2010.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    My baby romeo! is he show quality i would love to start showing either muscovy or my white calls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jrobertson

jrobertson Robertson's Rare Poultry

Apr 24, 2010
    NW Alabama
    according to holderread, white muscovy drakes with brown or black markings on their bill is a show disqualification. still a good looking drake though. not sure if they would consider the black spot on his back to be a fault or not.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Love that bottom pic! HaHa! What do your White Calls look like? Competition is pretty stiff on them. [​IMG]

4. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:[​IMG]

Not a speck of black anywhere on them

5. jrobertson

jrobertson Robertson's Rare Poultry

Apr 24, 2010
    NW Alabama
    the color looks good. how big are they? bills look a tad long for SQ calls. just my opinion. i'd still love to have them.

6. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:they are tiny!!

7. roboboy

roboboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Central Wisconsin
    A show quality white muscovy drake would not have any black feathers on him at all. The drake also appears to have some smooth carnucling around his eye which I think is a defect. Your call's beaks do appear to be too long and their bodies also seem too long and racy. They need to be more compact.

8. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I think its the angle of the picture with the calls they are super tiny and bills are as well looking at this picture they do look big but they really arent...

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Your top Call looks pretty good-nice round head, eyes look pretty good, seems to have a short neck, bill and leg color look good. His body looks more rounded and compact than the bottom Call in the pic, but as you said, the angle isn't too good for determining body width. Their bills do look just a hair long and a tad narrow in the picture. Maybe a different angle would do them more justice.
    How are their legs? Are they straight?
    They don't look too darn bad to me! Of course, I'm partial-I think ALL Calls are stunningly, gorgeously, cute! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  10. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I read that their bills need to be at most 1 1/4in im going to measure! i really would like to show these

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by