Is Sav-A-Chick necessary?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Missi, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    I give my quail Sav-A-Chick in their water several times a week. I try to do SAC water one day then regular water the other & so forth. Now that they are no longer babies, is SAC in the water necessary or are there any benefits of giving it to healthy adult quail, for future reference?

Here is the product info: http://www.savacaf.com/assets/products/125/PI/78/pdfFile.pdf

Thanks
    !

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I don't put any vitamins in the water at all from day one. The feed has essential vitamins and minerals and you don't want to overdose the babies. But It is not necessary anymore to give them sav a chick.

3. Missi

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Thank you ma'am! One less thing I have to buy on a regular basis [​IMG]

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I Routinely Use Water Soluable VitamIns And Minerals... Savachick Has Wayyyy Toooo Much Salt And Sodium For Quail. But Regular Vitamins Are Fine. They Are Water Soluable So If Not Needed The Kidneys Will Excrete The Excess.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    For adults you can crush up some vit c tablets (500mg) and put it in their water. For youngsters, the GBS should be plenty, along with their treats which I know you give them [​IMG]

6. Missi

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    So, I feed Manna Pro Gamebird/Showbird. It is 30% protein. I've read it is a pretty good feed so I think I'll nix the vitamins for now. Thanks you guys [​IMG]

7. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quaillady,
    Are you sure Missi is giving treats? That would be spoiling her birds. LOL!

Missi,
    Have you thought about sprouts? Loaded with vitamins and the birds love them!

All my birds! [​IMG]

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    My birds love creeping Charlie from the back yard [​IMG] non non nom

Good for us too!

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:I saw you mention that in another post. I need to google it, I have no idea what that is. If I can get it around here, i'll get them some for the aviary!

10. Missi

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Quote:Creeping Charlie? I have not seen him on my property since I've called the cops on him last week [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

In all seriousness, I have every kind of weed around my property so I'll have to Google it & pluck some this evening...as long as it isn't around my most prevalent weed, poison ivy, which I am ridiculously allergic to [​IMG] Need some goats! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by