Is Semi-Broody A Thing?

cluckingheck

i wanna be a cowboy, baby ( HELL YEAH )
Jun 15, 2020
TyCo, West Virginia
So, one of my pullets ( she’ll officially be a hen/1yr old the 29th ) went broody back in November for the first time and I let her hatch out chicks. Well, we’ve had a warm snap and for the past week she’s been clucking constantly like she did when she was definitely broody, but she isn’t staying on the nest at all this time. Someone has also been dropping some massive turds which is also throwing me off. She checks off the boxes of being broody, but isn’t interested in the nests or sitting on eggs at all and she’s still laying to my knowledge ( I have a lot of light brown egg layers ). So, is it possible she’s stuck in a semi-broody state or is she “working up” to it?

So, one of my pullets ( she’ll officially be a hen/1yr old the 29th ) went broody back in November for the first time and I let her hatch out chicks. Well, we’ve had a warm snap and for the past week she’s been clucking constantly like she did when she was definitely broody, but she isn’t staying on the nest at all this time. Someone has also been dropping some massive turds which is also throwing me off. She checks off the boxes of being broody, but isn’t interested in the nests or sitting on eggs at all and she’s still laying to my knowledge ( I have a lot of light brown egg layers ). So, is it possible she’s stuck in a semi-broody state or is she “working up” to it?
My bantams are doing the same. I have the same question.

Back
Top Bottom