Is she a partridge rock?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Vanessabuffsnsilkies, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if she's laying or not, but now there is a darker brown egg in the nest boxes in the morning
    I'm not sure who's laying it: barred rock, EE's, golden buffs or this one, I was told partridge rock
    None of the other eggs I find are very dark or shaped the way this one is, the rest are light brown or pinky

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I think partridge rocks are supposed to have yellow feet/legs. Her coloring looks correct though.

3. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    ya I think partridge rock

4. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Could be, can't really tell by the picture. Rocks are supposed to have yellow feet, but maybe she is a hatchery fowl. Scroll down and you will see a partridge Rock. I can't really tell by your picture if she has a similar feather pattern. Also, does the hen pictured have a single comb, Rocks have single combs. http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Rocks/BRKRocks.html

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    No it is not a P rock, looks like a mix of RIR and something else, the color of the feathers have no bearing on the color of the eggs if that was where you were headed.

AL

6. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Nope not a PR. Legs arong color and so is beak cant tell if she has lacing or not.

7. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I was thinking that she possibly could be a wellsummer mix or barnevelder mixed in there. She hadn't started laying yet then the darker eggs showed up. So I kinda wondered if she really was a partridge rock.

8. natkev

natkev Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Central Coast
    i reckon its a partridge rock

9. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Her comb & wattles don't look developed enough for her to be your mystery layer. What type of comb does she have? Is it a straight comb like your barred rock?

10. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I would guess a cross. Could have about any dark red blood in her. With my mixed Chickens red and black are in about 75%, the rest are white, golden/buff, and mixed up colors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by