1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is she a sizzle and if so, a silver partridge?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rescuechick29, Mar 17, 2012.

1. rescuechick29

rescuechick29 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2011
    milwaukee, WI
    Hi all, I'm VERY new to chickens and picked this hen up from a free range farm. I also bought a silkie cuckoo pullet that ended up a roo and now I have fertilized eggs! I'm interested in learning about genetics (rather than see what hatches:) but I guess I would need to know her color first. She was sold to me as a frizzle but a fellow BYCer pointed out her 5 toes and reverse mohawk...any help/suggestions?[​IMG]

she is on far right, her deceased sister on far left and the cuckoo roo is next to her

2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    sizzle or sizzle mix. color... not registered color but i would define it as a lemon blue partridge...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  3. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice looking flock.Do you have pics of their offspring?

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    sorry about your loss

but all offspring between them will have a crest, 5 toes, feathered shanks, can range in skin color from dad to mom. some will be frizzled feathered some smooth feathered. some might have dad's silkie feathers while others look like mom. Hope this helps

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x2

6. Smoochie

Smoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    CANADA
    OMG their cute!!! They look like a chicken you would carry around in a purse. :). Chicken purse!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by