Is she a White Faced Black Spanish????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MSchickenmama, Apr 15, 2012.

1. MSchickenmama

MSchickenmama Out Of The Brooder

Attached are a pics of my new girl. She is supposed to be a White Faced Black Spanish, she was hatched 2/25/2012, so she is about 7 weeks. The lady I got her from had 30, of this said breed. But the pictures of chickens of this breed don't look or stand like her. My boys says she looks like a Vulture.

Is she a WFBS? I know they take along time to devlop. I am not familiar with this breed, though I do have 11 different breeds total now. We got her to show, her feathers on her head are yellow. The the Long yellowish-white feathers on the wings have me confused too.
    .[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My husband picked her out, for me. A long story, but I am interested in "OLD" breeds from documentable from the 1500's. Since a WFBS is he chose it, then out of 20 pullets he choose her.

Any help, anyone.

Thanks-Marilyn

2. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Is this a standard or bantam? I have a bantam and it never had any yellow. Its legs were longish. It's stance it nice, sort of upright but not like a game and it doesn't cower. It took a long time to get its white face. The small pictures are hard to see so I really can't tell how yours looks.

3. Habibs Hens

Habibs Hens Cream Legbar Keeper

Mar 31, 2012
    London, UK
    My Coop
    i dont think its a spanish

they usually have all black faces till as chicks where as yours has got white which is not common with the spanish at this early stage

4. MSchickenmama

She is a standard breed, she is the same size as my 3 week old Orpingtons.

5. MSchickenmama

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. MSchickenmama

They lady I got her from , had said she had ordered 15 SR & 15 Pullets, of the WFBS- they all look like my girl(Domino) except the young roos have a start of red combs. Because she liked the 5 SR she had gotten last fall, she has 2 roos and 3 hens(they are 9 months) but the hens have not started laying yet so she ordered some McM's hatchery. I started researching but cannot find any chicks that look like Domino does. So I was just wondering- what others had to say about this breed, who would be more knowledgeable on this breed than I.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by