1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is she BO?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by artsyrobin, Apr 7, 2009.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Hi everyone- this is one of my BO, she is 4 weeks old- but has feathers on her legs??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I'm no expert but I don't believe they do. Maybe you have a mix. My BO does not have feathers on her legs and I do have some mixed breed chicks. She is a pure BO. If you look at one of the hatchery websites they have some pretty good pictures on there that might help you too.

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    she obviously has a stray gene in there somewhere- but you couldn't ask for a sweeter baby- she is the first one on my lap to say hello...[​IMG] got her from Orschelns BO pullet bin- not sure which hatchery they order from....

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Some birds have "stub" of feathers that decide to crop up. It is an automatic disqualification at a show as well...the breed should not have it and could be cause for concern of a mix-breed (as we're seeing here! [​IMG])

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    ok, so its basically sloppy breeding - i don't intend to show her- they are pets, small flock- wonder where Orschelns Home and Farm gets their chicks?? I'm assuming a large hachery...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by