Is she dying??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Goaldielocks, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Goaldielocks

Goaldielocks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2008
    Southern Maine
    One of my girls got in a ruckus with a fox and isn't doing well. I can see blood around her "ears". I have her in a warm place and have tried to clean her up the best that she would let me. She has drank a little water, when I feed it to her. [​IMG] She does this weird thing, she will back herself in a corner, shake, almost like a shiver and then her head will fall onto the towels she is laying on. I don't know what is going on. Best guess is he grabbed her head and bit, maybe brain damage?!? If so, how can I help her move on? I can't snap/cut her neck....I just don't think I can. [​IMG]
    Any info would be appreciated!
    Thank you!!!

2. chicklover16

chicklover16 queen of flirts

Jun 3, 2011
    Em's Dungeon
    poor girl [​IMG] sorry I don't know how to help you, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will come along soon.

3. Goaldielocks

Goaldielocks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Ugh...One of my guineas just came back 2 days later and is limping. She was in the run with the others and now is bleeding. I think the chickens are pecking her! Ugh!! What to do now. We don't have enough place to have 2 different infirmaries going. I am at a loss. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by