Is she ever going to kid!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cgjsmith, Feb 21, 2008.

1. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Ya'll meet ginger! I'm not sure exactly how close she is to kidding but it should have been either last week or this week. (I threw out the calender that had her dates on it [​IMG] ) Shes huge. She hardly ever gets up and moves around. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow after three days of laying around He said if she looks favorable he might induce her. Were kinda worried because we havn't felt the babies move in awhile. Vet said they were getting ready to be born but I don't know. Here she is.. Ginger.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry gross picture but it showes her belly and bag better.
    [​IMG]

2. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    It's good that you are taking her to the vet.
    The reason I have my 2 orphans is that their mother was also late and we are pretty sure she had a 3rd kid that for some reason wasn't born with the rest (she had trips last time) We were waiting around forever for her to kid and she seemed fine after they were born Friday nite and was fine wehn I went home at noon Monday. Tuesday morning (my day off) one of the girls called and said she was down. She appeared to be in labor, but was not passing anything and she died a few minutes after I got there, no time to even call the vet. I think she just held on long enough to see that I was taking care of her babies!
    So please! Get her to the vet. The longer they stay in there, the larger and tighter they are, and more likely to have delivery problems.
    This is what she looked like about a week before she kidded
    [​IMG]

3. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Yay I went to check on her this morning and low and behold two beautiful little bucks were with her. I'll try and get pictures later today. Moonwalker where in TN are you? I'm in Lynchburg. C

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Congrats!!! I cant waite to see the pics! I want goats!!!!!! :eek: [​IMG]

5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    LOL I was just going to say that vulva looked primed and ready! Congrats!

6. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    Awwwww! Makes me what my three girls to have babies! I have a goat that looks preg. but she is just chubby [​IMG] She doesn't like to exert herself in any way! The others will run to you if you have food, she just looks at you as if to say, "When I get there, I'm getting it all anyway". She is the boss! I told my daughter that if she did get prego that she would explode! So cute! We need pictures!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by