Is she getting close???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Peggy-Sue, Oct 27, 2012.

1. 1 week

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 2 weeks

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. 3 weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Spring

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Peggy-Sue

Peggy-Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    I posted a picture of Peggy a few weeks ago and since then we've seen some changes! What do you guys think?

Peggy 2 weeks ago

[​IMG]

Peggy as of today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    looks like shes getting close. how many weeks old is she. i have 6 barred rocks that are going on 20 weeks old and starting to show some red in the combs and wattles. you will have eggs soon. enjoy.

3. Peggy-Sue

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    Well we bought her from a chicken breeder on August 26th... This lady said she was born in May so that would make her 24 weeks today... However when I posted a few weeks ago a few members said she was younger then what I thought... The first picture was taken in late September early October.

4. Peggy-Sue

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    Here are some pictures from today! She didn't want her picture taken, she had a rough night :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    if she is not already laying I would say with in the next week...when you rub her back does she squat down and hold out her wings? if so she should lay within just a few days.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. BeulahBreezes

BeulahBreezes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2012
    Western NY
    She's alot redder than she was 2weeks ago! Yes, I think she might lay in 2 to 2 1/2 weeks.......Love her name!

7. longlegz86

longlegz86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    Rutherfordton NC
    Hope they start soon for you....My chickens look just like these and we havent seen any eggs yet...plus we just got them Saturday.....so I dont even know how old they would even be......... [​IMG]

8. Peggy-Sue

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    She hasn't squatted for us, but we felt her bottom and her gap between pubis bones is the width of two of my fingers. When I checked her 4 days ago the width was maybe 1.5 fingers!!!

9. Peggy-Sue

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    Okay I think shes really really close I can almost fit three of my fingers between her pubis bones!!!! She keeps clucking at us saying "dont't you touch me" hahaha seems like it!

10. longlegz86

longlegz86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2012
    Rutherfordton NC
    That just sounds nasty putting your fingers up there...Hope she is getting ready though LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by