Is she ill?????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by GGBEAR, Sep 28, 2015.

1. GGBEAR

GGBEAR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2014
    Rotherham
    hi all :frow wanting to pick someone's brains and ask if my light Sussex has has just started to make this strange noise almost like having something stuck in her throat sometimes it sounds like her voice is going and ive heard her cough or sneeze a couple of times ive checked her today and her eyes and nostrils are clear and besides this she is totally normal eating and being naughty??!!!!
    Is she OK :thumbsup

2. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Maybe we need some more info - how old is she? Are you sure the bird is a female, not a male? Any additional info you can share might help get some replies from the folks on here who really know chickens. Good luck!

3. GGBEAR

GGBEAR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2014
    Rotherham
    Sorry it was a bit late last night when I wrote post she deffo female she been laying eggs she's around 6 months old infact she's only been laying for around 4 to 5 weeks other than the problem I've posted she totally normal whatever normal is for a chicken lol [​IMG] she has not laid a egg for a couple of days but that seems normal for how she been since starting plus she seems to lay double yolkers regularly other chickens who are of the same age are fine except my barmy black rock who is driving both the light Sussex and my daisybell mad as she gone stupidly broody other than that all is good
    Only thing I should mention in here in the UK and the weather has changed quite dramatically it has turned quite cold hope this helps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by