Is she ready to go back outside??? *GRAPHIC PICS*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lizzy06019, Jul 26, 2010.

1. lizzy06019

lizzy06019 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Connecticut
    A couple days ago, Sunny had to be brought inside because of a very small prolapse. She's doing great but I'm wondering if she's healed enough to go back outside with her sisters or if I should wait another day. The first picture is a "BEFORE" and the second was taken this evening... we'll call it "AFTER" (hoping that the prolapse is gone)

BEFORE treatment
    [​IMG]

AFTER treatment
    [​IMG]

2. lizzy06019

lizzy06019 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Connecticut
    anyone???

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Hi, I'm not a big expert but I had a hen with a large prolapse that maybe went untreated for at least several days until I cleaned it up and pushed it in with my finger. Probably not too smart to leave it so long but I didn't know what to do. I had to push it in again several days later, putting my whole finger in a pressing it in there good. All was well after that. She stayed outside with the others the whole time. I suppose as long as none of the others are picking at her she'll be all right although I suppose there's always a chance it could be injured. Maybe make sure there's nothing sharp or splintery she can get caught on. It looks like it's pretty flush with her bum. If it were me, I'd probably put her outside with the others and just check on her here and there. Who knows maybe she'll heal faster at this point.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by