1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is She Show or Breed Quality?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SilkieBantams, Oct 17, 2011.

1. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm wondering if Snow my solid white Ameraucana hen is a SQ bird? If she's SQ I'd want to enter her as a SQ bird in future shows.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    How's her leg color and sole color?

The comb is a bit wrong, should be very straight and even, and her face has a very compact shape almost like a Cornish or Asil would (minus the brow) Beyond that there's hardly much judging with a photo that just shows the face and neck. [​IMG]

Outside the show, she's a very beautiful hen regardless of quality!

3. greenegglover

greenegglover Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I dont see a full beard in the picture so may not be "show" quality as a amerecauna, but a nice looking hen that probably could be entered in the easter egger catagory! Do you know what color her eggs are?

4. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    How old is she in the picture?

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:There is no Easter Egger category [​IMG] The beard obviously has been plucked, which just makes her ineligible for any show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by