Is she sick!?!?!?!? HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DUCKGIRL89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I came out to do the chores as I always do in the morning, and my rouen hen ember was sitting down sleeping. All the rest came over quacking for food as they always do in the morning. But she just sat there. So I fed the rest, and then went over to her, she didnt move, she uasually runs, and she looked at me all sad like, and slowly put her head down! I gave her some water and food right where she was, and she drank alot of water, and left the food go. Im all worried there is something wrong with her! I put her in a stock tank on my porch with a bowl of water and food. But before I put her in there, I gave her a tub of water in her pen outside, and she waterlogged herself! She got so wet her feathers no longer had oil on them! Whats wrong with her?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Could she have eaten something that has made her sick? If she is wet I would try to keep her warm. Maybe put some molasses in to her water, 1/2 cup to 1 gallon it will help if she has eaten something that has upset her stomach.Hope she is doing better now.

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Could she have eaten something that has made her sick? If she is wet I would try to keep her warm. Maybe put some molasses in to her water, 1/2 cup to 1 gallon it will help if she has eaten something that has upset her stomach.Hope she is doing better now.

I dont think so. Maybe moving her to a new pen made her upset? I put a little sugar in her water and shes moving around, and eating more. I sure hope she gets better. Thank you [​IMG]!

4. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Hi [​IMG]
    I don't have ducks but geese and one of my geese managed to eat some of a philodendrum that I had potted in a raised flower bed. She acted exactly like that!!! She did that for three days before she was back to her old self!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Ok, so do you think mine will be ok?! Im super worried about her. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Ducks are very tuff and hardy, hopefully it will work through her system pretty quick if she ate something she shouldn't. [​IMG]

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Yeah, hopefully......... Could it be because she was in with chickens?

8. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I corraled her into her coop and left her their with food and water till she was moving around looking healtier again!!! I was afraid in her condition she would be a victim for attack! Usually they are good at defending themselves but being weak.... Philodendrum can be pretty toxic so I wasn't hopeful at first but she did pull through!!! I am so sorry for your baby [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by