Is she sick??? marching chicken

remadl700

Songster
10 Years
Nov 18, 2009
oregon
I have a Jersey Giant hen that has started "Marching" around the property. She does not change stride at all and when she runs it is the funniest thing I have seen a chicken do BUT ... My concern is that she may be sick or have some parasite in the nervous system that is causing this. I have had her about 1.5 years and she has been marching for the last 4 months or so. She eats well, seems to get around fine and lays eggs like a good girl.

The march consists of throwing each leg straight out and stomping down like you see in the old war documentaries.

We have 45 chickens total and none of the others act like this. They all free range.
hu.gif

A chicken doing the "goose step"?
gig.gif
Sorry just couldn't resist, it was the mental picture that came to mind. I would say if she has been doing this for the last four months and nothing else seems to be going on, I think she is fine.

Quote:
Ok .....what's bumble foot?

So ...No.

Ok ....Looked it up.

I don't believe that is the cause but I will check tonight.

I will also do my best to post a vid of her "Marching" around the yard. We are in the country but Salem just went through the fight to have Chickens in the city limits in Salem, Oregon and Che chicken was The mascot for the fight. It would be funny to show her marching for the cause on the video.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom