Is she still a she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by truebluexf, May 18, 2011.

1. truebluexf

truebluexf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Omelette is the one in back. She has more tail feathers than Margaret, and more of a comb. They are about the same age, 4 weeks old. Is she still a girl? They are both supposed to be pullets. I'm so paranoid LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Margaret. Bad photo really, but they wouldn't stay still LOL!

[​IMG]

Omelette left, Margaret right

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Shikens!

Shikens! Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    I can't really help you as I'm a newb but DANG look at the CALVES on the one in the last pic in the background! Your chick is a shoe in for the chicken olympic team!!!

3. ErinG

ErinG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Shikens! :

I can't really help you as I'm a newb but DANG look at the CALVES on the one in the last pic in the background! Your chick is a shoe in for the chicken olympic team!!!

LOL! I was noticing those legs too.​

4. truebluexf

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL they are black australorps...their legs are huge aren't they? And the ones in question belong to Omelette. They also have necks that make me think they are related to ostriches!

5. scottishgal

scottishgal Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2010
    with my B.A.'s the tail feathers always come in first in the girls, the roos will have almost no tail feathers for a couple weeks after the girls start.[​IMG]

6. truebluexf

Apr 26, 2011
    Whew! That's good. I really like my little Omelette, though I'm [​IMG] as I watch her cute yellow fuzz go to black feathers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by