Is she thinking I'm her rooster?

TheBeardie

Crowing
8 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Florida
I have this one silver duckwing OEGB pullet, a year in spring, that actively seeks me out, circles around my legs and then squats in front of me.

I have a roughly 5 month old frizzled Bantam cockerel who's not really interested in doing cockerel things, such as breed the girls. I've only heard him crow a few times the other day. He's in the background of this picture by the way.
Photo Editor-20190121_124146.jpg

She's not scared of me. She comes right up to me and allows me to pick her up even without squatting. She'll even bite at my fingers if I do something she doesn't like!

I've plenty of pullets squat for me, but not quite like this.

Is she getting her wires crossed? Do you know what's going through her little chicken brain? I'm not particularly bothered by it, but I'd like to know why she continued to do this toward me.

He's not her cup of tea and isn't doing his job well just yet anyway.
She is hoping you will pick up the slack.
So yep, you're a rooster.:)
BTW...that is the roundest boy iv'e ever seen! He's a ball with feet.:gig

Thanks! Ahh the joys of chickens! Yes he is quite a ball of Fluff. He's actually much smaller than he looks!

Photo Editor-20190121_123907.jpg

Photo Editor-20181231_104259.jpg

Just noticed he's got a ciggie butt by his feet in the second pic.
You aren't letting him smoke are you?:lau
No! :gigMy mom sometimes likes to throw her butts in the yard :rolleyes: I tell her to stop doing it, but she never listens! She likes to put them out in my plants too. I try to pick them up when I see them, but there's always more.

Well he can't afford to pick up the habit he is small enough! And there is nowhere for nicotine patches when he decides to quit.:p
My mom did the same sorts of things, put out an ashtray just for her too...still did it.:rolleyes:
No! :gigMy mom sometimes likes to throw her butts in the yard :rolleyes: I tell her to stop doing it, but she never listens! She likes to put them out in my plants too. I try to pick them up when I see them, but there's always more.

Back
Top Bottom