Is snowball (A silkie) a pullet or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Teresaann24, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Snowball is one of my disable chicks, I have her in with my disable buff that has a crossed beak. I need to know if she is a roo or hen I think she is a she. I need to know because I wanna keep them together Hoping snowball is a girl so I can keep them together if not snowball has to be rehomed because I don't want them breeding these are my special babies penned together for company. So help me out! (Sorry if I seem if I am rambling..lol)

Snowball is 5 months old has a single comb. Just looks like somone has pinched her comb has a bit of color to it. Snowball is special to me so I hope she is a girl. She has no toes and is the sweetest girl you have every met..LOL (Yes I think snowball is a girl)

Pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snowball and my crooked beak buff (Sandy) from ideal poultry.
    [​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Pretty sure you got a girl there [​IMG]

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I hope so!

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    looks like a pullet to me. [​IMG]

5. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I hope I hope! I found snowball out of her pen after the ice storm in Ky, She was almost dead I saved her! She lost all her toes besides the ones that silkies have extra and her skin color isn't blackish blue it's almost skyblue white snow. She has came along way from what she looked like. She was very close to death and it took alot of time but I saved her! Now she is fat and fluffy and her disabilty does not effect her what so ever.

This is a pic when she was sick.
    [​IMG]

6. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    ahhhh she is lucky to have found you. she is a cutie. [​IMG]

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Thank you shay! I was lucky I found her! She is such a sweetie, see that blanket in the picture where she was sick? I wrapped her in that and carried her around with me 24/7..LOL

ETA: I feel its my fault she has this disabilty because I had the choice of bringing her in and raising her inside in winter but decided to leave her with her momma because she was taking good care of her. I never thought she could get out so I blame myself for her disabilty.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. shay20

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    ahhhhhh thats so cute, i do the same thing when one of my chicks is sick.

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    AWWW what a good chicken mommy you are! I love stories with happy ending like these [​IMG]

10. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Anyone eles wanna chime in? LOL The more say she is a girl the more I'll feel better about it..LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by