Is something wrong with my duckling?

Lover duck duck

Songster
6 Years
Apr 10, 2018
391ED791-0524-43BD-927D-D69209D69D3F.jpeg
907CF96E-934A-4F15-B4C9-D3BB5112AC9B.jpeg
Ok so I have 10 duckling females 3 weeks old, actually they will turn 4 weeks old tomorrow. One of the females has this bald spot on her left side near her tail and now it’s all the way across to the right side. It looks as if feathers are starting to come out, but is this normal? It’s my first time with ducklings so I really don’t know and if it is normal how come any of the other Pekins don’t have it? If it’s not normal what do I do? Please help, I’m worried!

View attachment 1386860 View attachment 1386861 Ok so I have 10 duckling females 3 weeks old, actually they will turn 4 weeks old tomorrow. One of the females has this bald spot on her left side near her tail and now it’s all the way across to the right side. It looks as if feathers are starting to come out, but is this normal? It’s my first time with ducklings so I really don’t know and if it is normal how come any of the other Pekins don’t have it? If it’s not normal what do I do? Please help, I’m worried!
They could be molting. Which is normal.

Looks like someone or more might be doing some nibbling I’d watch them for a while and see if there is a culprit.Some feather loss is normal when they are losing down and growing in feathers but it to be just the one and it looks reddish
I stayed watching them for about an hour and I didn’t see anyone pecking. I did see where the khakis walk right over all of the Pekins as if they were not even there when they are laying down. Also I just noticed a couple of the other Pekins with some on their wings. But I can see the feathers coming out.

Back
Top Bottom